Caliterra seeks to protect its natural resources and the eco-system by giving great value to high standards of environmental quality, respecting the environment (flora and fauna) and preserving the natural landscape for the future generations.
Some of the actions implemented include:
- Development of environmental protocols and standards.
- Identification of polluting sources and implementation of reduction plans.
- Implementation of erosion protection plans.
- Looking after more than 50 free wild horses to prevent hillside fires.
- Intensive reforestation plans.
- Implementation of waste and water recycling plans.
- Organic waste management and reincorporation of pruning back to the vineyards.
- Implementation of damaged areas recovery plans.
- Conservation of native flora within the property.
- Prohibition of logging native forests and promoting proliferation of flora within hillsides.